Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Affordable Housing


Robin and I attended the Johnson County Affordable Housing Coalition Winter Mixer tonight at Big Grove Taproom. Please note it was the winter mixer. Robin was on a bicycle and I was on the Harley. The doors were open and we stayed and had dinner on the outside patio.

I've been attending affordable housing events in Johnson County since 1992 when I worked for the Congressional office. Robin has worked at the Iowa City Housing Authority for over 17 years.  The need for affordable housing for everyone is something we are passionate about.

I am proud to have helped advance the discussion about affordable housing within the County, area cities and communities. In the past few years, the County has stepped up with significant funding for affordable housing to about $1.9 million. I have led in increasing that funding.



I hope people will learn more about the Affordable Housing Coalition and attend their events and educational forums. We couldn't have asked for a better night for a "winter" mixer.

https://www.facebook.com/jcaffordablehousing/

No comments:

Post a Comment