Thursday, March 15, 2018

Bicycling and Remembering Jean Martin

Yesterday, my spouse and I went on a short bicycle ride. It was great to get the legs stretched out a bit and visit the beautiful Trueblood Recreation Area. We stopped by the Jean Martin memorial shelter to remember an old friend.

Jean Martin was a glass ceiling breaker, a union leader, an environmentalist, a feminist, our friend and my campaign treasurer. We stopped by her memorial shelter to feel a bit closer to her as this campaign starts.

I'm struggling a bit with wasteful spending of the conservation bond iniataive and my thoughts about campaigning in this climate. Jean was involved in both passing the bond iniataive and the election of me eight years ago. I miss Jean and it felt refreshing to spend a little time remembering her.


No comments:

Post a Comment