Wednesday, April 25, 2018

LWV Candidates Forum

The League of Women Voters Supervisor candidates forum was last week. The Press Citizen livestreamed it on their Facebook page and it was taped for various local government channels.

I really appreciate the LWV for all they do to help voters stay informed and getting all of us registered to vote. The LWV has been at the forefront of good government initiatives for decades.

One of the first public events I attended in Johnson County when I moved here in 1990 was a League Forum. I probably have attended more candidate and legislative forums than most people. It has always been important for me to hear and see candidates and elected for myself. Until Trump, I had also met personally every President and most of the candidates we had since Reagan.

I have been a League of Women Voters member for over 20 years and even served as the Treasuer in the 90s. League membership is open to everyone regardless of gender. Please consider joining and volunteering. Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Here is a link to the forum:

https://citychannel4.com/cgi-bin/vdb/yt2.pl?id=F18506

No comments:

Post a Comment