Friday, June 1, 2018

We need a caring and compassionate leader

We need a caring and compassionate leader.

I am writing to endorse Janelle Rettig for Johnson County supervisor re-election. I became more active in Johnson County politics over the last year-and-a-half, and Janelle was one of the first elected officials to really make me feel welcomed. She shows genuine care, concern, and interest in the lives of my daughter and me. I have seen this same compassion and interest shown through her work on the board, with the community at-large, and in her interactions at various charitable functions. I have been impressed with Janelle's research on issues, and she’s never afraid to stand for what she believes is right. Janelle has worked tirelessly on environmental issues, remedying human rights and equality disparities, balancing our budget, and mental health issues in Johnson County. Compassionate and caring politicians are a rarity, and it would be sad for us to lose this were Janelle not re-elected. Please join me in supporting Janelle Rettig on June 5.

— Danielle Benford, Coralville

Iowa City Press-Citizen: Janelle Rettig for supervisor

https://icp-c.com/2LQgqbA

No comments:

Post a Comment